Odisha: BSF man killed in landmine blast
Koraput (Odisha): A BSF jawan was killed and another injured on Saturday when a landmine planted by Maoists exploded on a forest road in Koraput district of Odisha.
SDPO Y Jagannath Rao said a group of BSF jawans was walking down the forest in Laxmipur area after conducting combing operation nearby when one of them apparently stepped on the landmine which went off.
BSF jawan J Kundu died on the spot, while his colleague Dhiren Sahu sustained injuries in the explosion.
The two were members of a unit of the BSF stationed at Palur in Koraput, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof