Odisha: BSF man killed in landmine blast
Koraput (Odisha): A BSF jawan was killed and another injured on Saturday when a landmine planted by Maoists exploded on a forest road in Koraput district of Odisha.
SDPO Y Jagannath Rao said a group of BSF jawans was walking down the forest in Laxmipur area after conducting combing operation nearby when one of them apparently stepped on the landmine which went off.
BSF jawan J Kundu died on the spot, while his colleague Dhiren Sahu sustained injuries in the explosion.
The two were members of a unit of the BSF stationed at Palur in Koraput, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing