Odisha: BSF man killed in landmine blast
Koraput (Odisha): A BSF jawan was killed and another injured on Saturday when a landmine planted by Maoists exploded on a forest road in Koraput district of Odisha.
SDPO Y Jagannath Rao said a group of BSF jawans was walking down the forest in Laxmipur area after conducting combing operation nearby when one of them apparently stepped on the landmine which went off.
BSF jawan J Kundu died on the spot, while his colleague Dhiren Sahu sustained injuries in the explosion.
The two were members of a unit of the BSF stationed at Palur in Koraput, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know