Odisha businessman honoured in Taiwan
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s well-known social entrepreneur Achyuta Samanta has been conferred an honorary doctorate by a university in Taiwan, said his office here Monday.
The National Formosa University, considered one of the best public universities of Taiwan, conferred the Degree of Doctorate (Honoris Causa) on Samanta at its annual convocation ceremony June 9.
The university honour came in recognition to Samanta`s outstanding contribution towards the society and for his initiative to educate the underprivileged tribal children, Samanta`s office here said in a statement.
Samanta is the founder of KIIT (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) - a group of professional institutes, KIIT University and KISS (Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences).
Located in Bhubaneswar, KISS is home to more than 16,000 tribal children who receive free educational and vocational training.
Samanta is member of several important government committees in India, including the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The National Formosa University confers the honour usually on world personalities, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read