Odisha chit fund company official arrested
Bhubaneswar: Odisha police on Monday arrested one of the directors of chit fund company Artha Tatwa (AT).
"The commissionerate of police have arrested one Jagabandhu Panda, a director of AT Group based on information of Pradip Sethi who had been earlier arrested," said DCP Nitinjit Singh.
Sethi, the CMD of AT Group, during his eight day remand in police custody which ended yesterday, had let out names of certain media persons and builders who helped him, Singh said.
Singh, however, claimed that Sethi has not named any minister, MLAs.
The AT group, a non-banking financial institution (NBFI) having operations across the state, was allegedly collecting money from people promising them high returns.
Singh said, police have registered several cases against Sethi on the basis of complaints lodged by as many as 60 people.
Preliminary investigation showed that the group allegedly duped investors to the tune of Rs 357 crore.
Meanwhile, depositors hit the streets at Angul and Nayagarh demanding return of their money from Seashore group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’