Odisha CM chants development mantra
Berhampur: In the run-up to the Assembly polls, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chanted "development mantra" while inaugurating several projects at different places in Ganjam district
Going in an inauguration spree during his one-day visit to his native district, chief minister flagged off as many as a dozen projects, mostly in urban areas and laid foundation stones for three projects.
The major projects which were inaugurated included a high-level bridge over river Badanadi at G Nuagaon on the outskirts of Bhanjanagar, new tehsil offices at Polsara and Belaguntha, a library hall named after his grandfather Laxmi Narayan Patnaik and Community Centre at Belaguntha and aquarium project in children’s park at Bhanjnagar.
Addressing a gathering at Bhanjanagar, Patnaik said, "Besides the Bijuli (electricity), Sadaka (road) and Pani (water, my government has given priority on the women empowerment welfare of the farmers, tribal and dalits and to create employment for the youths”.
Patnaik claimed the agriculture production has increased in the state, while the living condition of the people improved and development in the villages have taken place. The state also got a special place in the country in the industry and commerce sectors, he said.
“Our aim is to protect the interest of the state and welfare of its 4 crore people,” he said.
Patnaik also addressed meetings at Belaguntha and Nunighati (Polsara) during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users