Odisha CM chants development mantra
Berhampur: In the run-up to the Assembly polls, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chanted "development mantra" while inaugurating several projects at different places in Ganjam district
Going in an inauguration spree during his one-day visit to his native district, chief minister flagged off as many as a dozen projects, mostly in urban areas and laid foundation stones for three projects.
The major projects which were inaugurated included a high-level bridge over river Badanadi at G Nuagaon on the outskirts of Bhanjanagar, new tehsil offices at Polsara and Belaguntha, a library hall named after his grandfather Laxmi Narayan Patnaik and Community Centre at Belaguntha and aquarium project in children’s park at Bhanjnagar.
Addressing a gathering at Bhanjanagar, Patnaik said, "Besides the Bijuli (electricity), Sadaka (road) and Pani (water, my government has given priority on the women empowerment welfare of the farmers, tribal and dalits and to create employment for the youths”.
Patnaik claimed the agriculture production has increased in the state, while the living condition of the people improved and development in the villages have taken place. The state also got a special place in the country in the industry and commerce sectors, he said.
“Our aim is to protect the interest of the state and welfare of its 4 crore people,” he said.
Patnaik also addressed meetings at Belaguntha and Nunighati (Polsara) during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!