Odisha CM chants development mantra
Berhampur: In the run-up to the Assembly polls, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chanted "development mantra" while inaugurating several projects at different places in Ganjam district
Going in an inauguration spree during his one-day visit to his native district, chief minister flagged off as many as a dozen projects, mostly in urban areas and laid foundation stones for three projects.
The major projects which were inaugurated included a high-level bridge over river Badanadi at G Nuagaon on the outskirts of Bhanjanagar, new tehsil offices at Polsara and Belaguntha, a library hall named after his grandfather Laxmi Narayan Patnaik and Community Centre at Belaguntha and aquarium project in children’s park at Bhanjnagar.
Addressing a gathering at Bhanjanagar, Patnaik said, "Besides the Bijuli (electricity), Sadaka (road) and Pani (water, my government has given priority on the women empowerment welfare of the farmers, tribal and dalits and to create employment for the youths”.
Patnaik claimed the agriculture production has increased in the state, while the living condition of the people improved and development in the villages have taken place. The state also got a special place in the country in the industry and commerce sectors, he said.
“Our aim is to protect the interest of the state and welfare of its 4 crore people,” he said.
Patnaik also addressed meetings at Belaguntha and Nunighati (Polsara) during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more