Odisha CM chants development mantra
Berhampur: In the run-up to the Assembly polls, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chanted "development mantra" while inaugurating several projects at different places in Ganjam district
Going in an inauguration spree during his one-day visit to his native district, chief minister flagged off as many as a dozen projects, mostly in urban areas and laid foundation stones for three projects.
The major projects which were inaugurated included a high-level bridge over river Badanadi at G Nuagaon on the outskirts of Bhanjanagar, new tehsil offices at Polsara and Belaguntha, a library hall named after his grandfather Laxmi Narayan Patnaik and Community Centre at Belaguntha and aquarium project in children’s park at Bhanjnagar.
Addressing a gathering at Bhanjanagar, Patnaik said, "Besides the Bijuli (electricity), Sadaka (road) and Pani (water, my government has given priority on the women empowerment welfare of the farmers, tribal and dalits and to create employment for the youths”.
Patnaik claimed the agriculture production has increased in the state, while the living condition of the people improved and development in the villages have taken place. The state also got a special place in the country in the industry and commerce sectors, he said.
“Our aim is to protect the interest of the state and welfare of its 4 crore people,” he said.
Patnaik also addressed meetings at Belaguntha and Nunighati (Polsara) during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley