Odisha CM chants development mantra
Berhampur: In the run-up to the Assembly polls, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday chanted "development mantra" while inaugurating several projects at different places in Ganjam district
Going in an inauguration spree during his one-day visit to his native district, chief minister flagged off as many as a dozen projects, mostly in urban areas and laid foundation stones for three projects.
The major projects which were inaugurated included a high-level bridge over river Badanadi at G Nuagaon on the outskirts of Bhanjanagar, new tehsil offices at Polsara and Belaguntha, a library hall named after his grandfather Laxmi Narayan Patnaik and Community Centre at Belaguntha and aquarium project in children’s park at Bhanjnagar.
Addressing a gathering at Bhanjanagar, Patnaik said, "Besides the Bijuli (electricity), Sadaka (road) and Pani (water, my government has given priority on the women empowerment welfare of the farmers, tribal and dalits and to create employment for the youths”.
Patnaik claimed the agriculture production has increased in the state, while the living condition of the people improved and development in the villages have taken place. The state also got a special place in the country in the industry and commerce sectors, he said.
“Our aim is to protect the interest of the state and welfare of its 4 crore people,” he said.
Patnaik also addressed meetings at Belaguntha and Nunighati (Polsara) during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After China warns India, Baloch and Sindhi leaders hail PM Narendra Modi outside Chinese embassy – Watch
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission