Odisha CM files nomination for assembly polls from Hinjili
Berhampur: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Wednesday filed his nomination for the Assembly polls from Hinjili constituency in Ganjam district and expressed confidence about BJD retaining power in the state.
Patnaik, who is also president of the ruling BJD, filed four sets of nomination papers at the sub-collector`s office at the district headquarter town of Chhatrapur, official sources said.
Accompanied by ministers S N Patro and Usha Devi several other MLAs, the chief minister voiced confidence about his victory from Hinjili assembly constituency, from where he is running for the fourth time in a row.
A three-time legislator from Hinjili, Patnaik also exhibited optimism about BJD retaining power in the state by winning majority of seats in the assembly election, which are scheduled to take place with lok sabha polls.
After winning the assembly election from Hinjili constituency in 2000, the BJD supremo tasted victory from the same segment in his home district in successive assembly polls held in 2004 and 2009.
This time, Patnaik is likely to face a multi-corner contest. While Congress is yet to name its candidate, BJP has announced Devanand Mohapatra as its choice for the seat and other parties are likely to field their nominees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof