Odisha CM inaugurates BJD`s website
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday asked partymen to use social media to woo young voters, who constitute above 40 per cent of the total electorate in the state.
"The new generation is using social media, which is a powerful media for youth communication programmes. We need to be engaged in the social media to communicate with the youths," Patnaik said after inaugurating the party website.
The website, highlighting the welfare programmes initiated by ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) government during the last 12 years, was inaugurated at a workshop organised by Biju Yuba Sampark Committee at the party office here.
Patnaik asked the party`s youth wing to reach out to the young people and organise programmes to motivate them.
While highlighting the State Youth Policy announced by his government, Patnaik said the government had created opportunities for the youth brigade. He urged the youth to avail the benefits of the policy.
Stating that the next decade would be an era of excellence for the youth in the state, he said "the government has initiated many developmental programmes in the state during the last 10 years. The coming 10 years will be an era of excellence for the youth of state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days