Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik to visit Ganjam district today
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will visit cyclone affected area of Ganjam district on Monday and monitor the situation and the rehabilitation work.
After the Cyclone Phailin left a trail of destruction, the relief and rescue operations are in full swing with efforts being made to restore the communication lines, damaged roads and restore power lines.
Patnaik had yesterday said that the experience of 1999 super cyclone helped the government in saving lives. "We have evacuated nine lakh people and minimised loss of human life," he said.
The Odisha CM further said that the challenge will now be rehabilitation as properties worth several crores have been destroyed. The cyclone displaced around 90 lakh people and destroyed crops worth about Rs 2,400 crore, the state government said.
There will be improvement in the weather conditions in the cyclone-affected state with instances of light to moderate rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS