Odisha CM Patnaik accuses Cong, BJP of indulging in petty politics
Rourkela: BJD supremo and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday accused the national parties - Congress and BJP - of indulging in petty politics instead of serving the poor and needy people.
"The two national parties all along have priority to protect their interests rather than working to help the poor and needy people," Patnaik said while addressing an impressive rally at the Telephone Bhawan Ground here, during his one-day whirlwind tour of Sundergarh district.
Appealing to the people to send more number of BJD MLAs and MPs to assembly and Parliament, Patnaik said his party was committed to fight for the interest of the state.
The Chief Minister said, "The central government may ignore us, but we have been developing." In his speech, Patnaik also spoke at length about various welfare schemes like, Mo Kudia, Madhu Babu Pension Yojamna, Laptop distribution for students, free cycles for girls, and also informed that no government had ever undertaken so much of public welfare schemes earlier.
Earlier in the day, Patnaik laid the foundation stones of various projects including NTPC`s proposed Medical College at Sundergarh, Timjor-Lathikata road, high-level bridge over Brahmani river at a cost of Rs 21.55 crore, and inaugurated Junior SG Women`s college`s new building and also a 100-bed hostel specially marked for ST girl students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam