Odisha CM speaks to abducted MLA`s wife
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sautrday spoke to the wife of abducted Laxmipur MLA Jhina Hikaka and assured her of all possible steps by the government for securing the release of her husband.
"I spoke to Kaushalya, wife of the abducted MLA, and assured her that we will do everything possible for the release of her young husband," Patnaik told reporters.
She was also told that two ministers would be visiting
her soon, the chief minister said.
The BJD MLA was today abducted by Maoists when he was
returning to his home at Laxmipur after attending a political
meeting at Koraput at around 1 am.
More than 50 armed rebels stopped his vehicle near
Toyaput where the road had been dug up and a truck blocked the
While the personal security officer (PSO) and driver of
the MLA were allowed to leave by the ultras who snatched away
their mobile phones, Hikaka was taken away into the nearby
forest, about 40 km from here at gunpoint.
The abduction of the tribal MLA has added to the problems
of the Odisha government which is trying to resolve the
10-day-old Italian hostage crisis.
The incident happened hours after Patnaik appealed to
the rebels to desist from violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital