Odisha: Congress dubs BJD `anti-women`
Bhubaneswar: Under attack over the assault on a woman constable during its recent rally here, Congress Monday dubbed the BJD government in Odisha `anti-women` alleging it failed to take action in women`s harassment cases.
OPCC media cell chief Narasingha Mishra said that a ruling party MLA had been accused of beating up a woman homeguard at Keonjhar.
"Has BJD suspended the MLA from the party so far?"
He said a BJD MP was also accused of misbehaving with a woman during the celebration of Netaji`s birth anniversary.
"No action has been taken against that MP too."
Mishra also wanted to know why the woman constable was allowed into the crowd in the rally and said it was no place for her according to guidelines.
Mishra, who suspected the attack on the woman constable was a `conspiracy` by the BJD to defame Congress, alleged that she along with other policemen beat up the agitators.
"Despite that, we assure that the Congress will suspend any partyman found involved in assaulting the woman constable," Mishra said.
He said that 15 women complained against the police, including senior officials, on alleged excesses during the rally held on September 6.
"The 15 women, injured in police excesses during our rally, have made specific allegations. As per the law, the police should register cases, but they are yet to do so. Are those belonging to Congress not women?" he asked.
Party leaders including AICC leader Jagdish Tytler and OPCC president Niranjan Patnaik had earlier said `sorry` to the woman constable who is admitted to a private hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco