Odisha constable guns down five relatives, kills self
Bhubaneswar: A police constable on Tuesday committed suicide after gunning down five of his relatives in Odisha`s Koraput town, police said.
District Voluntary Force (DVF) constable Narendra Khandapan killed his father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and two other relatives at his rented house in Koraput, about 500 km from here.
Khandapan committed suicide by shooting himself after killing his relatives, Inspector General of Police (south-western range) Yashwant Jethwa told IANS.
"All the deceased have gunshot injuries. Motive appears to be a family dispute," he said.
The DVF is part of Odisha police. It plays a key role in anti-Maoist operations in the state.
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace
- 'Impose stock limit on importers to curb pulses prices'
- India, China armies vow to enhance cordial relations, maintain peace along LAC at border meet
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance
- Russia, US in bids to halt fighting in Syria's Aleppo