Odisha constable guns down five relatives, kills self
Bhubaneswar: A police constable on Tuesday committed suicide after gunning down five of his relatives in Odisha`s Koraput town, police said.
District Voluntary Force (DVF) constable Narendra Khandapan killed his father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and two other relatives at his rented house in Koraput, about 500 km from here.
Khandapan committed suicide by shooting himself after killing his relatives, Inspector General of Police (south-western range) Yashwant Jethwa told IANS.
"All the deceased have gunshot injuries. Motive appears to be a family dispute," he said.
The DVF is part of Odisha police. It plays a key role in anti-Maoist operations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview