Odisha: Couple die of asphyxiation
Bolangir: A couple died of asphyxiation and another fell critically ill after they got into a septic tank in Odisha`s Boalngir districton Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Bankel village under Titlagrh police station when Khurisam Sahu (45) had entered into the pit for some repair.
As Khusiram did not come out for some time his wife Bhumisuta (40) and a labourer Sushil went inside one after another but failed to return, they said.
Finding that the trio was trapped inside the tank local people informed the fire brigade.
After being pulled out of the tank, the three were taken to the local hospital where the couple was declared brought dead, police said adding the labourer was undergoing treatment at Titlagarh sub-divisional hospital where his condition was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy