Odisha: Couple die of asphyxiation
Bolangir: A couple died of asphyxiation and another fell critically ill after they got into a septic tank in Odisha`s Boalngir districton Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Bankel village under Titlagrh police station when Khurisam Sahu (45) had entered into the pit for some repair.
As Khusiram did not come out for some time his wife Bhumisuta (40) and a labourer Sushil went inside one after another but failed to return, they said.
Finding that the trio was trapped inside the tank local people informed the fire brigade.
After being pulled out of the tank, the three were taken to the local hospital where the couple was declared brought dead, police said adding the labourer was undergoing treatment at Titlagarh sub-divisional hospital where his condition was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon