Odisha: Couple die of asphyxiation
Bolangir: A couple died of asphyxiation and another fell critically ill after they got into a septic tank in Odisha`s Boalngir districton Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Bankel village under Titlagrh police station when Khurisam Sahu (45) had entered into the pit for some repair.
As Khusiram did not come out for some time his wife Bhumisuta (40) and a labourer Sushil went inside one after another but failed to return, they said.
Finding that the trio was trapped inside the tank local people informed the fire brigade.
After being pulled out of the tank, the three were taken to the local hospital where the couple was declared brought dead, police said adding the labourer was undergoing treatment at Titlagarh sub-divisional hospital where his condition was stated to be critical.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader