Odisha: Couple die of asphyxiation
Bolangir: A couple died of asphyxiation and another fell critically ill after they got into a septic tank in Odisha`s Boalngir districton Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Bankel village under Titlagrh police station when Khurisam Sahu (45) had entered into the pit for some repair.
As Khusiram did not come out for some time his wife Bhumisuta (40) and a labourer Sushil went inside one after another but failed to return, they said.
Finding that the trio was trapped inside the tank local people informed the fire brigade.
After being pulled out of the tank, the three were taken to the local hospital where the couple was declared brought dead, police said adding the labourer was undergoing treatment at Titlagarh sub-divisional hospital where his condition was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats