Odisha: Couple die of asphyxiation
Bolangir: A couple died of asphyxiation and another fell critically ill after they got into a septic tank in Odisha`s Boalngir districton Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Bankel village under Titlagrh police station when Khurisam Sahu (45) had entered into the pit for some repair.
As Khusiram did not come out for some time his wife Bhumisuta (40) and a labourer Sushil went inside one after another but failed to return, they said.
Finding that the trio was trapped inside the tank local people informed the fire brigade.
After being pulled out of the tank, the three were taken to the local hospital where the couple was declared brought dead, police said adding the labourer was undergoing treatment at Titlagarh sub-divisional hospital where his condition was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents