Odisha declares 314 villages in four districts drought-hit
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Monday declared 314 villages spread over four districts as drought-affected.
Announcing the decision, state revenue and disaster management minister S N Patro told the Assembly that the villages witnessed over 50 per cent crop loss due to scanty rainfall in the months of June and July, last year.
The villages are situated in the districts of Balasore, Nuapada, Bhadrak and Mayurbhanj.
The minister said the farmers of the affected villages would get assistance according to provision of the relief code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!