Odisha declares 314 villages in four districts drought-hit
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Monday declared 314 villages spread over four districts as drought-affected.
Announcing the decision, state revenue and disaster management minister S N Patro told the Assembly that the villages witnessed over 50 per cent crop loss due to scanty rainfall in the months of June and July, last year.
The villages are situated in the districts of Balasore, Nuapada, Bhadrak and Mayurbhanj.
The minister said the farmers of the affected villages would get assistance according to provision of the relief code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000