Odisha declares 314 villages in four districts drought-hit
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Monday declared 314 villages spread over four districts as drought-affected.
Announcing the decision, state revenue and disaster management minister S N Patro told the Assembly that the villages witnessed over 50 per cent crop loss due to scanty rainfall in the months of June and July, last year.
The villages are situated in the districts of Balasore, Nuapada, Bhadrak and Mayurbhanj.
The minister said the farmers of the affected villages would get assistance according to provision of the relief code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened