Odisha displeased over tardy pace of electrification
Berhampur (Odisha): Expressing displeasure over tardy pace of electrification in Ganjam and Gajapati districts under the Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana, Odisha government has asked the implementing agency to ensure its completion by March.
National Hydro Power Corporation (NHPC) is implementing the scheme in the districts where it was launched in 2005.
"Implementation of the scheme in these districts is not progressing well. We have asked the implementing agency to complete the scheme by March," state energy minister Arun Sahu said.
The Minister reviewed progress in implementation of various electrification schemes taken up in Ganjam and Gajapati districts, including RGGVY here.
MLAs and officials of the government and implementing agencies attended the meeting here yesterday. RGGVY aims to provide electricity to all villages having a population of 100 and more. It envisages 90 per cent as subsidy and 10 per cent loan to the state government. The scheme is also envisaged to provide electric connections to households below poverty line (BPL).
Besides NHPC, the other Central PSUs like National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) are also executing the scheme in other districts, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today