Odisha districts ban entry of foreign nationals
Koraput: In the wake of two
back-to-back abductions in Odisha, a complete ban has been
imposed on the entry of foreign nationals and tourists into
the Maoist-hit Koraput district.
The district administration’s ban follows abduction of
two Italian tourists and an MLA by the Maoists in the state.
District Collector Sachin Jadhav has communicated this
through a letter sent to all tour operators, official sources
said on Tuesday.
The letter said, "The administration will reassess the
security situation and take a call on the issue of regulating
movement of foreign nationals and tourists in the district
either way. Till that time no permission will be issued to
foreign nationals and tourists to visit any part of the
Last week, the Rayagada district administration had
imposed similar restrictions on the entry of all foreign
tourists into the tribal-dominated district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?