Odisha districts ban entry of foreign nationals
Koraput: In the wake of two
back-to-back abductions in Odisha, a complete ban has been
imposed on the entry of foreign nationals and tourists into
the Maoist-hit Koraput district.
The district administration’s ban follows abduction of
two Italian tourists and an MLA by the Maoists in the state.
District Collector Sachin Jadhav has communicated this
through a letter sent to all tour operators, official sources
said on Tuesday.
The letter said, "The administration will reassess the
security situation and take a call on the issue of regulating
movement of foreign nationals and tourists in the district
either way. Till that time no permission will be issued to
foreign nationals and tourists to visit any part of the
Last week, the Rayagada district administration had
imposed similar restrictions on the entry of all foreign
tourists into the tribal-dominated district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?