Odisha: Forest officer and bank manager convicted
Bhubaneswar: A senior forest officer and a bank manager were convicted by vigilance court in Odisha for possession of assets disproportionate to their known sources of income and for accepting a bribe respectively.
Special judge, special vigilance court here held Hadibandhu Nanda, ex-Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Afforestation, Cuttack, guilty and sentenced him to undergo rigorous imprisonment for two and a half years and fined him Rs 20,000.
In another case, additional special judge, vigilance, Bhubaneswar sentenced ex-branch manager of Puri Gramya Bank, Kanas in Puri district Subash Chandra Mohanty to one year rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000, in default imprisonment for one more year.
According to vigilance wing, Mohanty had accepted a bribe of Rs 500 from a person Pratap Kumar Bidhar for releasing a loan of 10,000 for the Kisan Credit Card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden