Odisha: Forest officer and bank manager convicted
Bhubaneswar: A senior forest officer and a bank manager were convicted by vigilance court in Odisha for possession of assets disproportionate to their known sources of income and for accepting a bribe respectively.
Special judge, special vigilance court here held Hadibandhu Nanda, ex-Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Afforestation, Cuttack, guilty and sentenced him to undergo rigorous imprisonment for two and a half years and fined him Rs 20,000.
In another case, additional special judge, vigilance, Bhubaneswar sentenced ex-branch manager of Puri Gramya Bank, Kanas in Puri district Subash Chandra Mohanty to one year rigorous imprisonment and a fine of Rs 10,000, in default imprisonment for one more year.
According to vigilance wing, Mohanty had accepted a bribe of Rs 500 from a person Pratap Kumar Bidhar for releasing a loan of 10,000 for the Kisan Credit Card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate