Odisha govt orders attachment of Saradha Group’s properties
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Finance Department on November 30 passed an ad-interim order attaching the assets (movable and immovable) of Saradha Group.
Saradha Group is accused of defrauding investors of Rs 20,000 crores in a mega chit fund scam.
The order was issued under Orissa Protection of Interests of Depositors Act 2013.
Over 14 acres of land in prime locations in Odisha and Rs 2,740 crore of the group in IDBI account in Balasore district have been attached by the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital