Odisha govt orders probe into functioning of 15 co-op bodies
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government today ordered a probe into the functioning of 15 multi-state cooperative organisations allegedly running illegal money circulation and other business in different states, official sources said.
The move comes after the Centre had issued a direction to the state government in this regard.
The firms which are under scanner include Artha Tatwa Group, SLB, Specimen, Swastik India, Sai Kishore, Vista Credit, Mideast, Sri Gayatri, Sunraj, Microfinance, Evos, Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Multi-state, Green India, Utkal Multi-state and Jansahyog Sahkari Credit Society.
"A total of 15 teams comprising two members each will inspect such organisations, their functioning and financial irregularities," Odisha Cooperation Minister B K Arukh said.
The teams will also probe the money deposit schemes run by the companies which allegedly have duped thousands of gullible investors of crores of rupees, the minister said.
The state government swung into action following a recent direction of Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperation which authorised Odisha`s Cooperation department to investigate the functioning of at least 15 organisations allegedly running illegal money business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up