Odisha govt to set up six more jails
Bhubaneswar: With most of the prisons in the state overcrowded, Odisha government today decided to open six new ones besides setting up a prison academy to boost skills of jail officials.
The decision in this regard was taken at a high level meeting here presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnai, official sources said.
The state government has also given its nod to set up two open air jails one each in Balasore and Sambalpur, the sources said.
Presently, the state has only one open-air prison the Biju Patnaik Jail located at Jamujhari on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video