Odisha govt to set up six more jails
Bhubaneswar: With most of the prisons in the state overcrowded, Odisha government today decided to open six new ones besides setting up a prison academy to boost skills of jail officials.
The decision in this regard was taken at a high level meeting here presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnai, official sources said.
The state government has also given its nod to set up two open air jails one each in Balasore and Sambalpur, the sources said.
Presently, the state has only one open-air prison the Biju Patnaik Jail located at Jamujhari on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends