Odisha: Injured lady cop to fight against culprits
Bhubaneswar: Apology from Congress leaders including Jagdish Tytler did not cut much ice as the police woman, assaulted during Thursday`s party rally here, said she would fight against the culprits.
"Tytler`s apology will not reduce the pain and agony of a woman who suffered life time humiliation at a public place. I will fight till the culprits are punished," the 39-year-old woman constable said from her hospital bed.
She said she had been deployed there to protect women participants at the rally on September 6. "When I was guarding women demonstrators, some men attacked me."
"I cannot describe what I had suffered at their hands. There are certain things a woman cannot speak publicly," she said.
Stating that she would not forgive Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik for her miseries, the woman asked: "Can they give a mother to my son. Thank God I am alive today."
Demanding stringent action against those responsible for her plight, she said she would join duty after recovering.
"Police are there to provide security to public and not to be beaten up by public," she said.
Niranjan Patnaik had expressed regret over the incident on September 7 but said the woman was saved by some Congress activists.
According to eyewitnesses, she fell on the ground after being pushed by some in the crowd. When she fell, a man was seen beating her head. However, two others from the crowd came to her rescue and took her away.
A case was registered at the Capital police station here in connection with the Thursday`s assault on woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened