Odisha: Injured lady cop to fight against culprits
Bhubaneswar: Apology from Congress leaders including Jagdish Tytler did not cut much ice as the police woman, assaulted during Thursday`s party rally here, said she would fight against the culprits.
"Tytler`s apology will not reduce the pain and agony of a woman who suffered life time humiliation at a public place. I will fight till the culprits are punished," the 39-year-old woman constable said from her hospital bed.
She said she had been deployed there to protect women participants at the rally on September 6. "When I was guarding women demonstrators, some men attacked me."
"I cannot describe what I had suffered at their hands. There are certain things a woman cannot speak publicly," she said.
Stating that she would not forgive Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik for her miseries, the woman asked: "Can they give a mother to my son. Thank God I am alive today."
Demanding stringent action against those responsible for her plight, she said she would join duty after recovering.
"Police are there to provide security to public and not to be beaten up by public," she said.
Niranjan Patnaik had expressed regret over the incident on September 7 but said the woman was saved by some Congress activists.
According to eyewitnesses, she fell on the ground after being pushed by some in the crowd. When she fell, a man was seen beating her head. However, two others from the crowd came to her rescue and took her away.
A case was registered at the Capital police station here in connection with the Thursday`s assault on woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city