Odisha: Injured lady cop to fight against culprits
Bhubaneswar: Apology from Congress leaders including Jagdish Tytler did not cut much ice as the police woman, assaulted during Thursday`s party rally here, said she would fight against the culprits.
"Tytler`s apology will not reduce the pain and agony of a woman who suffered life time humiliation at a public place. I will fight till the culprits are punished," the 39-year-old woman constable said from her hospital bed.
She said she had been deployed there to protect women participants at the rally on September 6. "When I was guarding women demonstrators, some men attacked me."
"I cannot describe what I had suffered at their hands. There are certain things a woman cannot speak publicly," she said.
Stating that she would not forgive Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik for her miseries, the woman asked: "Can they give a mother to my son. Thank God I am alive today."
Demanding stringent action against those responsible for her plight, she said she would join duty after recovering.
"Police are there to provide security to public and not to be beaten up by public," she said.
Niranjan Patnaik had expressed regret over the incident on September 7 but said the woman was saved by some Congress activists.
According to eyewitnesses, she fell on the ground after being pushed by some in the crowd. When she fell, a man was seen beating her head. However, two others from the crowd came to her rescue and took her away.
A case was registered at the Capital police station here in connection with the Thursday`s assault on woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow