Odisha Jan Morcha activists block road
Jajpur (Odisha): Activists of Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) on Saturday blocked Kolkata-Chennai National Highway on the outskirts of Jaraka in Jajpur district demanding immediate release of party secretary general Jagneswar Babu, who was arrested recently.
Vehicular traffic between Panikoili and Cuttack was disrupted for sometimes following the road blockade.
Local leaders and workers of OJM led by its Dharmasala convener Pravakar Nayak tried to enforce the blockade by squatting on the road, police sources said.
The protesters shouted slogans against BJD and Chief minister Naveen Patnaik accusing them of being vindictive as OJM has raised its voice against the wrong deeds of the state government. This apart, they were demanding immediate release of their leader Babu.
Babu was arrested by the vigilance sleuths on May one on charges of defrauding the state cooperative banks to the tune of over Rs 36 crore, sources said.
Later, the blockade was withdrawn after police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly