Odisha Jan Morcha activists block road
Jajpur (Odisha): Activists of Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM) on Saturday blocked Kolkata-Chennai National Highway on the outskirts of Jaraka in Jajpur district demanding immediate release of party secretary general Jagneswar Babu, who was arrested recently.
Vehicular traffic between Panikoili and Cuttack was disrupted for sometimes following the road blockade.
Local leaders and workers of OJM led by its Dharmasala convener Pravakar Nayak tried to enforce the blockade by squatting on the road, police sources said.
The protesters shouted slogans against BJD and Chief minister Naveen Patnaik accusing them of being vindictive as OJM has raised its voice against the wrong deeds of the state government. This apart, they were demanding immediate release of their leader Babu.
Babu was arrested by the vigilance sleuths on May one on charges of defrauding the state cooperative banks to the tune of over Rs 36 crore, sources said.
Later, the blockade was withdrawn after police intervention.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Watch: Akshay Kumar's impressive martial arts session with IPS officers!
- Vinod Kambli defends Salman Khan, advises Gautam Gambhir not to 'become so gam'
- Philippines` Aquino vows to `neutralise` Abu Sayyaf kidnappers
- JEE Main Result 2016 declared; check on cbseresults.nic.in, jeemain.nic.in
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari equals world record in recurve event