Odisha judge gets used bullets, detonator in parcel
Bhubaneswar: A judge in Odisha Tuesday received a parcel containing a threat letter, two used bullets and an obsolete detonator, police said.
The parcel, which arrived through the postal department`s speed post, was received at the office of Debasis Panda, sub-judge at Koraput town, about 500 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Inspector in charge of Koraput police station S.C. Raiguru said police have seized the parcel and started investigations. "No one has been arrested yet," he said.
The name of the sender is mentioned as one Kameswar Rao. The letter which bears the name of the Communist Party of India-Maoist has accused the sub-judge of not giving justice to the people and torturing them on false charges.
In the letter, the judge has been warned that he would have to face the consequences if he does not mend his ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read