Odisha judge gets used bullets, detonator in parcel
Bhubaneswar: A judge in Odisha Tuesday received a parcel containing a threat letter, two used bullets and an obsolete detonator, police said.
The parcel, which arrived through the postal department`s speed post, was received at the office of Debasis Panda, sub-judge at Koraput town, about 500 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Inspector in charge of Koraput police station S.C. Raiguru said police have seized the parcel and started investigations. "No one has been arrested yet," he said.
The name of the sender is mentioned as one Kameswar Rao. The letter which bears the name of the Communist Party of India-Maoist has accused the sub-judge of not giving justice to the people and torturing them on false charges.
In the letter, the judge has been warned that he would have to face the consequences if he does not mend his ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!