Odisha judge gets used bullets, detonator in parcel
Bhubaneswar: A judge in Odisha Tuesday received a parcel containing a threat letter, two used bullets and an obsolete detonator, police said.
The parcel, which arrived through the postal department`s speed post, was received at the office of Debasis Panda, sub-judge at Koraput town, about 500 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar.
Inspector in charge of Koraput police station S.C. Raiguru said police have seized the parcel and started investigations. "No one has been arrested yet," he said.
The name of the sender is mentioned as one Kameswar Rao. The letter which bears the name of the Communist Party of India-Maoist has accused the sub-judge of not giving justice to the people and torturing them on false charges.
In the letter, the judge has been warned that he would have to face the consequences if he does not mend his ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service