Odisha: Key suspect in BJD leader`s murder held
Bhubaneswar: The main accused in the murder of a BJD youth leader in Cuttack district was arrested by Crime Branch of the police, police said.
"We have arrested Dushmant Das alias Dipu, the main accused in the murder of Chitta Ranjan Mohanty, yesterday," the police said.
Das, a native of Uttarabateswar village of Cuttack district, had committed the crime due to past rivalry with the ruling party leader, he said.
Mohanty, who was Salepur block youth BJD president, was critically injured when assailants hurled bombs at his house at Rodhpur village on July 18. He died on way to the hospital.
The state government handed over the case to the Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon