Odisha: Key suspect in BJD leader`s murder held
Bhubaneswar: The main accused in the murder of a BJD youth leader in Cuttack district was arrested by Crime Branch of the police, police said.
"We have arrested Dushmant Das alias Dipu, the main accused in the murder of Chitta Ranjan Mohanty, yesterday," the police said.
Das, a native of Uttarabateswar village of Cuttack district, had committed the crime due to past rivalry with the ruling party leader, he said.
Mohanty, who was Salepur block youth BJD president, was critically injured when assailants hurled bombs at his house at Rodhpur village on July 18. He died on way to the hospital.
The state government handed over the case to the Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon