Odisha: Key suspect in BJD leader`s murder held
Bhubaneswar: The main accused in the murder of a BJD youth leader in Cuttack district was arrested by Crime Branch of the police, police said.
"We have arrested Dushmant Das alias Dipu, the main accused in the murder of Chitta Ranjan Mohanty, yesterday," the police said.
Das, a native of Uttarabateswar village of Cuttack district, had committed the crime due to past rivalry with the ruling party leader, he said.
Mohanty, who was Salepur block youth BJD president, was critically injured when assailants hurled bombs at his house at Rodhpur village on July 18. He died on way to the hospital.
The state government handed over the case to the Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred