Odisha: Landmine, explosives seized
Bhubaneswar: A day after the killing of five Maoists in Odisha, security personnel Thursday recovered landmines, gelatine sticks and tiffin bombs during separate combing operations.
The police said while three landmines were recovered from Singaranga village in the Kotagarh police station area in Kandhamal district during a joint combing operation by CRPF and local police, explosive materials were seized by BFS jawans during another raid in Narayanpatna area of Koraput district.
"The three land mines of different shapes and sizes were defused after recovery," CRPF Commandant Dinesh K Singh said at Muniguda in Kandhamal.
Similarly, the joint raid by BSF and special operation group of the Odisha police also found explosives, including 129 gelatine sticks, wire and tifin bombs besides Maoist literature, uniforms and medicines in Narayanpatna area, Koraput SP Avinash Kumar said.
The joint operation would continue in the Koraput area, a senior police officer said.
In a major success in anti-Naxal drive, security forces yesterday gunned down at least five Maoists in a gun-battle at Gajapati-Ganjam-Kandhamal tri-junction of Odisha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan