Odisha: Large quantity of landmine making materials seized
Koraput: Security personnel on Sunday seized a huge quantity of landmine making materials stocked by Maoists in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said.
The materials and other belongings of Naxals were seized during combing operation by personnel of the elite Special Operation Group in the forests near Jhumuri village under Bandhugaon police limits, they said.
"Based on specific information regarding presence of explosives and other materials, an operation was launched and the Naxal belongings were seized," sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
However, the red rebels had apparently fled the site and no one could be caught, he said.
The seized materials included over 18 kg of explosive materials, 28 steel pots, more than 20 metre of wire, a camera flash and a pair of uniforms used by the Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh members from the spot.
Search operation was carried out in the entire area following the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love