Odisha: Large quantity of landmine making materials seized
Koraput: Security personnel on Sunday seized a huge quantity of landmine making materials stocked by Maoists in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said.
The materials and other belongings of Naxals were seized during combing operation by personnel of the elite Special Operation Group in the forests near Jhumuri village under Bandhugaon police limits, they said.
"Based on specific information regarding presence of explosives and other materials, an operation was launched and the Naxal belongings were seized," sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
However, the red rebels had apparently fled the site and no one could be caught, he said.
The seized materials included over 18 kg of explosive materials, 28 steel pots, more than 20 metre of wire, a camera flash and a pair of uniforms used by the Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh members from the spot.
Search operation was carried out in the entire area following the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra