Odisha: Large quantity of landmine making materials seized
Koraput: Security personnel on Sunday seized a huge quantity of landmine making materials stocked by Maoists in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said.
The materials and other belongings of Naxals were seized during combing operation by personnel of the elite Special Operation Group in the forests near Jhumuri village under Bandhugaon police limits, they said.
"Based on specific information regarding presence of explosives and other materials, an operation was launched and the Naxal belongings were seized," sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
However, the red rebels had apparently fled the site and no one could be caught, he said.
The seized materials included over 18 kg of explosive materials, 28 steel pots, more than 20 metre of wire, a camera flash and a pair of uniforms used by the Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh members from the spot.
Search operation was carried out in the entire area following the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing