Odisha: Large quantity of landmine making materials seized
Koraput: Security personnel on Sunday seized a huge quantity of landmine making materials stocked by Maoists in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said.
The materials and other belongings of Naxals were seized during combing operation by personnel of the elite Special Operation Group in the forests near Jhumuri village under Bandhugaon police limits, they said.
"Based on specific information regarding presence of explosives and other materials, an operation was launched and the Naxal belongings were seized," sub-divisional police officer, Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao said.
However, the red rebels had apparently fled the site and no one could be caught, he said.
The seized materials included over 18 kg of explosive materials, 28 steel pots, more than 20 metre of wire, a camera flash and a pair of uniforms used by the Maoist-backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh members from the spot.
Search operation was carried out in the entire area following the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad