Odisha Law Minister`s attackers held
Bhubaneswar: Police on Friday claimed to have nabbed four people who allegedly attacked Law Minister Maheswar Mohanty in Odisha`s Puri town last week.
The accused, all in their early 20s, were held from Andhra Pradesh-Karnataka border. They are being brought to the state for further interrogation, a senior district police official told IANS.
Mohanty, 57, who also holds tourism, culture, planning, and coordination portfolios, was injured after being shot at by unknown assailants Feb 21 in his home town, 55 km from here.
The assailants allegedly fired at him when he was returning home on his bike. The minister sustained multiple injuries on his hand and waist and is now recuperating at the Kalinga hospital here.
The four attackers had allegedly fled to Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh after committing the crime. Police have also detained several others in this case and are questioning them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani