Odisha Legislative Assembly issues notification for RS by-poll
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Legislative Assembly (OLA) on Monday issued notification for the by-election to the lone Rajya Sabha seat remaining vacant after AU Singhdeo failed to join the Upper House of the Parliament.
The Secretary of the OLA Amiya Kumar Sarangi, who is also the Returning Officer, said nominations for the Rajya Sabha polls began today.
The candidates can file their papers till June 9 while scrutiny of nominations will be held on June 10. Candidates can withdraw their nomination papers by 3 PM on June 12, the notification said.
Polling will be held on June 19 between 9 AM and 4 PM in the OLA premises while votes will be counted from 5 PM onwards the same day, the notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest