Odisha likely get rain due to Cyclone Helen
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience rainfall and thundershower as an impact of the cyclonic storm Helen, presently situated around 520 km south of Gopalpur.
"The system would further intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during the next 24 hours. It would move west-north-westwards for sometime, then west-south-west ward and cross south Andhra Pradesh coast between Sriharikota and Ongole, close to Kavali around night of November 21, 2013," a press release issued by the local MeT office said.
Though Cyclone Helen would have less impact in Odisha, some parts may experience rain and thundershower, weatherman Sudarshan Mishra said.
"Northeasterly surface wind speed 30 to 40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph may prevail along and off south Odisha coast," he said, adding that fishermen of south Odisha coast are advised to be cautious while venturing into sea.
Distant warning signal number two has been hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional