Odisha likely get rain due to Cyclone Helen
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience rainfall and thundershower as an impact of the cyclonic storm Helen, presently situated around 520 km south of Gopalpur.
"The system would further intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during the next 24 hours. It would move west-north-westwards for sometime, then west-south-west ward and cross south Andhra Pradesh coast between Sriharikota and Ongole, close to Kavali around night of November 21, 2013," a press release issued by the local MeT office said.
Though Cyclone Helen would have less impact in Odisha, some parts may experience rain and thundershower, weatherman Sudarshan Mishra said.
"Northeasterly surface wind speed 30 to 40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph may prevail along and off south Odisha coast," he said, adding that fishermen of south Odisha coast are advised to be cautious while venturing into sea.
Distant warning signal number two has been hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi