Odisha likely get rain due to Cyclone Helen
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience rainfall and thundershower as an impact of the cyclonic storm Helen, presently situated around 520km south of Gopalpur.
"The system would further intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during the next 24 hours. It would move west-north-westwards for sometime, then west-south-west ward and cross south Andhra Pradesh coast between Sriharikota and Ongole, close to Kavali around night of November 21, 2013," a press release issued by the local MeT office said.
Though Cyclone Helen would have less impact in Odisha, some parts may expereince rain and thundershower, weatherman Sudarshan Mishra said.
"Northeasterly surface wind speed 30 to 40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph may prevail along and off south Odisha coast," he said, adding that fishermen of south Odisha coast are advised to be cautious while venturing into sea.
Distant warning signal number two has been hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened