Odisha likely get rain due to Cyclone Helen
Bhubaneswar: Odisha is likely to experience rainfall and thundershower as an impact of the cyclonic storm Helen, presently situated around 520km south of Gopalpur.
"The system would further intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during the next 24 hours. It would move west-north-westwards for sometime, then west-south-west ward and cross south Andhra Pradesh coast between Sriharikota and Ongole, close to Kavali around night of November 21, 2013," a press release issued by the local MeT office said.
Though Cyclone Helen would have less impact in Odisha, some parts may expereince rain and thundershower, weatherman Sudarshan Mishra said.
"Northeasterly surface wind speed 30 to 40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph may prevail along and off south Odisha coast," he said, adding that fishermen of south Odisha coast are advised to be cautious while venturing into sea.
Distant warning signal number two has been hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof