Odisha: Magistrate denies being drunk
Cuttack: Former judicial magistrate of
Rourkela Arun Patnaik, who is entangled in an incident of magistrate-police brawl, deposed before Justice AS Naidu Commission of Enquiry here and denied that he was drunk on the
night of April 2, 2011 when he was allegedly assaulted by the local police.
In his reply to the cross examinations by the counsel of police, Patnaik said he was manhandled by Uditnagar police
and was dragged by his shoulders to the nearby police station.
The magistrate, during his deposition yesterday, said he along with the policemen covered the distance from the place of occurrence to the police station by foot on the day of the incident.
The magistrate also in his reply said he had contacted
the then Rourkela SP Deeptesh Patnaik over telephone who,
instead of taking any action against the policemen, insisted
on reaching at a mutual compromise.
He also replied in negative that the policemen had asked him to go for a medical check up on the night of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!