Odisha: Magistrate denies being drunk
Cuttack: Former judicial magistrate of
Rourkela Arun Patnaik, who is entangled in an incident of magistrate-police brawl, deposed before Justice AS Naidu Commission of Enquiry here and denied that he was drunk on the
night of April 2, 2011 when he was allegedly assaulted by the local police.
In his reply to the cross examinations by the counsel of police, Patnaik said he was manhandled by Uditnagar police
and was dragged by his shoulders to the nearby police station.
The magistrate, during his deposition yesterday, said he along with the policemen covered the distance from the place of occurrence to the police station by foot on the day of the incident.
The magistrate also in his reply said he had contacted
the then Rourkela SP Deeptesh Patnaik over telephone who,
instead of taking any action against the policemen, insisted
on reaching at a mutual compromise.
He also replied in negative that the policemen had asked him to go for a medical check up on the night of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery