Odisha man held for acid attack on woman
Bhubaneswar: A man was arrested in Odisha for throwing acid on a married woman Tuesday over some old quarrel, police said.
The incident occurred in Cuttack, 26 km from here when the woman, 30, was waiting for a bus to take her to a relative`s place, inspector in charge of Badambadi police station KP Mishra told IANS.
Accused Bishnu Dakua, 24, came near her and engaged in a heated exchange of words before throwing the acid on her, the police official said.
The woman sustained burn injuries on her chest and was rushed to a hospital where she is undergoing treatment, Mishra said.
Police have arrested Dakua. Both the victim and the accused are residents of Cuttack, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog