Odisha man held for acid attack on woman
Bhubaneswar: A man was arrested in Odisha for throwing acid on a married woman Tuesday over some old quarrel, police said.
The incident occurred in Cuttack, 26 km from here when the woman, 30, was waiting for a bus to take her to a relative`s place, inspector in charge of Badambadi police station KP Mishra told IANS.
Accused Bishnu Dakua, 24, came near her and engaged in a heated exchange of words before throwing the acid on her, the police official said.
The woman sustained burn injuries on her chest and was rushed to a hospital where she is undergoing treatment, Mishra said.
Police have arrested Dakua. Both the victim and the accused are residents of Cuttack, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning