Odisha man suspects wife`s fidelity, slashes her private parts
Bhubaneswar: A man in Odisha, suspecting his wife of infidelity, allegedly tonsured her, slashed her private parts with a blade and stabbed her with a tubelight. The man has been arrested, police said on Monday.
The gory incident occurred in the state capital Bhubaneswar on September 24, but came to light only after the critically injured woman`s brother lodged a police complaint.
According to the victim`s brother, Ranjan Panda, 40, who runs a tent house had been torturing his wife Jasoda for dowry since they got married in 2005. He also accused his wife of infidelity.
On September 24 night, Panda came home in an inebriated condition and forcibly gave some sedative to his wife. When she dozed off, he tonsured her head, slashed her private parts with a blade, and stabbed her with a tubelight, he said.
Later, Panda attempted to stitch her wounds, but when things got worse, he took her to a private hospital and fled after getting her admitted.
Panda has been arrested, a police officer told a news agency.
The critically injured victim was undergoing treatment in a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach