Odisha: Maoist leader Azad released from hospital
Cuttack: Top Maoist leader D Keshav Rao, alias Azad was released from SCB medical College and Hospital today after doctors declared that he was fully fit, official sources said.
Azad was referred to the Cuttack hospital earlier this month when he was taken ill after going on an indefinite fast.
Azad had gone on fast in Bhubaneswar jail demanding his release claiming that he was a beneficiary of the Andhra Pradesh government’s surrender policy for Maoists.
Odisha police had brought him on remand for 14 days from the Andhra Pradesh police in June last year for questioning him on his involvement in Maoist attacks in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened