Odisha: Maoist leader Gananatha Patra released
Koraput: Alleged Maoist sympathiser Gananatha Patra, whose release is demanded by the kidnappers of an Italian national, was on Thursday acquitted by a fast track court in a case involving abduction of eleven people in Koraput district in 2009.
Additional district judge of fast track court, S
Prabhakar Rao acquitted Patra, who was accused of being
involved in abduction of 11 people in Bandhugaon area in 2009,
due to lack of evidence.
However, Patra who is currently lodged in Koraput
jail, is facing charges of different nature in three other
Patra, advisor of Maoist-backed Chasi Mulia Adivasi
Sangha (CMAS), is among the ultras and their sympathisers
whose release has been demanded by the abductors of Puri-based
54-year-old Italian tour operator Paolo Bosusco.
Bosusco`s compatriot, Italian tourist Claudio
Colangelo was released by Maoists on Sunday as a "goodwill
Both had been abducted by the rebels while trekking in
the forests of tribal-dominated Kandhamal district on March
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!