Odisha: Maoists kill BJD ward member
Nabarangpur: About a year after killing a BJD MLA, Maoists shot dead a ward member of the ruling party suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Nabarangpur district.
The police said today that Lahidas Gond, ward member of Rajpur village under Kunduku grampanchayat of Raighar block, was carried off by four armed Maoists from his house last evening and shot dead.
The Meinpur Divisional Committee of the Maoists, under which the Raighar block falls, claimed responsibility for the killing, according to a poster left near the body by them.
Soon after the incident, the Officer-in-charge of Kundei police station Salil Pradhan along with a force rushed to the spot.
After a post-mortem was done on Gond, the body was handed over to his family members.
Maoists struck in the district about an year after the September 24, 2011 attack when BJD MLA of Umerkote Jagabandhu Majhi along with his PSO Pinku Patro were killed at Gona village in Raighar Block.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended