Odisha: Maoists kill BJD ward member
Nabarangpur: About a year after killing a BJD MLA, Maoists shot dead a ward member of the ruling party suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Nabarangpur district.
The police said today that Lahidas Gond, ward member of Rajpur village under Kunduku grampanchayat of Raighar block, was carried off by four armed Maoists from his house last evening and shot dead.
The Meinpur Divisional Committee of the Maoists, under which the Raighar block falls, claimed responsibility for the killing, according to a poster left near the body by them.
Soon after the incident, the Officer-in-charge of Kundei police station Salil Pradhan along with a force rushed to the spot.
After a post-mortem was done on Gond, the body was handed over to his family members.
Maoists struck in the district about an year after the September 24, 2011 attack when BJD MLA of Umerkote Jagabandhu Majhi along with his PSO Pinku Patro were killed at Gona village in Raighar Block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur