Odisha matriculation exam
Cuttack: For the first time in a new format students on Monday answered a single booklet having both the questions and answer sheet.
As the annual High School Certificate (HSC) examination-2013 began across Odisha and passed off smoothly, the Board of Secondary Education (BSE) authorities and the state government were relieved as there was no discontentment among the students.
However, nearly 700 students were found to be indulged adopting unfair means on the first day of the examination and three teachers deputed as invigilators were placed under suspension.
While a teacher in Balasore district was suspended for trying to sneak questions outside the center with his cell phone," two others were suspended on similar grounds in Bargarh district, said State school and mass education secretary Usha Padhee.
We have booked at least 654 students for adopting unfair means during the examination by 6 pm, said BSE secretary Ramakrushna Sahoo.
Sahoo further informed that two youths one each from Puri and Baliguda are booked for impersonation as they were appearing for others.
Matriculation examination would continue till March 9. This year about six lakh candidates had filled up forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days