Odisha matriculation exam
Cuttack: For the first time in a new format students on Monday answered a single booklet having both the questions and answer sheet.
As the annual High School Certificate (HSC) examination-2013 began across Odisha and passed off smoothly, the Board of Secondary Education (BSE) authorities and the state government were relieved as there was no discontentment among the students.
However, nearly 700 students were found to be indulged adopting unfair means on the first day of the examination and three teachers deputed as invigilators were placed under suspension.
While a teacher in Balasore district was suspended for trying to sneak questions outside the center with his cell phone," two others were suspended on similar grounds in Bargarh district, said State school and mass education secretary Usha Padhee.
We have booked at least 654 students for adopting unfair means during the examination by 6 pm, said BSE secretary Ramakrushna Sahoo.
Sahoo further informed that two youths one each from Puri and Baliguda are booked for impersonation as they were appearing for others.
Matriculation examination would continue till March 9. This year about six lakh candidates had filled up forms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie