Odisha may get good rainfall in next 48 hours: IMD
Bhubaneswar: Rain-starved Odisha may get good amount of rainfall in the next 48 hours as a result of a low pressure formed off the Odisha-Bengal coast, a MeT official release said on Friday.
"Under the influence of the cyclonic circulation over northwest and adjoining west-central Bay of Bengal, a low pressure area has formed over the northwest Bay of Bengal off Odisha and West Bengal coasts this morning," it said.
Thundershower would occur at many places in Odisha during the next 24 hours.
The rainfall will further increase after 24 hours, it said.
The release also warned of heavy rainfall at one or two places in south Odisha during the next 24 hours.
Due to the impact of low pressure, gusty surface wind reaching a speed of 35kmph to 45kmph may prevail along and off the Odisha coast, it said while warning fishermen to be cautious while venturing into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city