Odisha minister operated upon, out of danger
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Toursim and Culture Minister Maheswar Mohanty was on Saturday operated upon and the bullet lodged in his ribs removed after he was shot at by assailants in his Puri constituency.
The condition of the 59-year-old minister is stable and “he is out of danger”, hospital sources said.
The minister was in the intensive care unit of the private hospital after the surgery by a team of four doctors.
Mohanty on Friday night sustained bullet injuries on his left arm and back when the attackers, who were apparently following him on a two-wheeler, opened fire at him in a narrow lane near his house in Puri, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital in Puri and subsequently shifted to Bhubaneswar.
Superintendent of Police, Puri, said investigation was in progress and some people were being interrogated.
A host of leaders including Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik visited the hospital and wished him speedy recovery.
Patnaik has asked the police to take steps to apprehend the attackers at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical