Odisha minister operated upon, out of danger
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Toursim and Culture Minister Maheswar Mohanty was on Saturday operated upon and the bullet lodged in his ribs removed after he was shot at by assailants in his Puri constituency.
The condition of the 59-year-old minister is stable and “he is out of danger”, hospital sources said.
The minister was in the intensive care unit of the private hospital after the surgery by a team of four doctors.
Mohanty on Friday night sustained bullet injuries on his left arm and back when the attackers, who were apparently following him on a two-wheeler, opened fire at him in a narrow lane near his house in Puri, police said.
He was rushed to a hospital in Puri and subsequently shifted to Bhubaneswar.
Superintendent of Police, Puri, said investigation was in progress and some people were being interrogated.
A host of leaders including Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik visited the hospital and wished him speedy recovery.
Patnaik has asked the police to take steps to apprehend the attackers at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said