Odisha: Mob heckles doctor, torches vehicles for neglecting patient
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Peeved over alleged neglect meted out to an injured girl student in a government hospital, a mob on Sunday manhandled a doctor and set afire his vehicles in Odisha`s Dhenkanal district, police said.
The incident occurred when the student of the High School at Rasolo was taken to hospital after she got injured during a sports event in her school.
Instead of treating the student, the doctor allegedly turned her away leading to protest by her friends. Local people supported the students and heckled the doctor and and set afire his car and motorbike, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Dhenkanal, AP Swain said.
Chief district medical officer (CDMO), Dhenkanal, BC Behera said the sub-divisional district medical officer (SDMO), Hindol, would inquire into the incident.
The girl student was taken to the government hospital at Hindol for treatment and her condition was improving, Swain said adding the situation was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?