Odisha moves Railways for development of Bhubaneswar station
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday informed the Railways about its willingness for financial participation on cost sharing basis for infrastructural development of Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
"Keeping in view the larger interest of rail users of Bhubaneswar, the state government is willing for financial participation on a cost sharing basis," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik wrote to Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
Modalities for the cost sharing for infrastructural development could be worked out between the Railway Board and the state state government officials, Patnaik said adding that infrastructure at Bhubaneswar station with just four passenger platforms was grossly inadequate.
The state government was informed that two platforms had already been sanctioned as part of Barang-Khurda Road third line work. Two more platforms would be required to effectively deal with the passenger traffic on long term basis, Patnaik said.
This apart, the chief minister pointed out that the movement of road vehicles and their parking in Bhubaneswar station area needed immediate improvement. "The flow of traffic to and from the state needs to be segregated from the route used by town buses and other local traffic," he said.
Meanwhile, East Coast Railway has drawn up a comprehensive plan with an estimated cost of Rs 205 crore for construction of two additional platforms, a new station building having world class facilities, proper circulating area and a multi-level parking facility. The ECoR`s plan was presented before the chief minister on November 3, 2012.
"An early decision before the next railway budget would be very much appreciated," Patnaik said in the letter to Bansal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview