Odisha needs private players to be front-runner: CM
Sambalpur: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday said the state needed private players to fulfil its aim of becoming the front-runner among states.
"Odisha aims to become the front runner among states in the country. And to meet the objective, the state needs the support of private players. We have vision for a diversified and prosperous economy by 2020," he said.
"We need core development strategy with faster entrepreneurship and more private investment. The state has received 250 mn USD as FDI by 2010," he said at the inaugural function of first Global Alumni meet of Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) at Burla.
Several studies have ranked Odisha as a favourable state for investment, he said, adding, "We need massive investment for development of human resource and industrial sector."
Alumni of the VSSUT have occupied important position in the world, he said and expressed hope that the institute would keep up its tradition and quality education.
The Chief Minister also laid foundation of a pipe water project at Kiakata with an estimated cost of Rs 24 crore. The 27-km long project will supply water to Rairakhole town from river Mahanadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof