Odisha needs to monitor certain areas on Maoist front
Bhubaneswar: Though the Maoist situation in Odisha was comparatively better than other states, the state government must carefully monitor certain areas to eradicate the menace, a senior officer of the Union Home Ministry said.
"The state government must maintain a very very cautious approach toward LWE situation in Odisha," K Vijay Kumar, senior security adviser in the Naxal Management Division under the Ministry of Home Affairs told reporters after meeting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"Where there is security action, it must be followed by developmental activities. Development must reach remote areas quickly," Kumar said, expressing satisfaction over the state government`s steps to develop Maoist-hit areas.
Replying to a question, he said the state government needed to tackle the situation with available forces since all Maoist-hit states also faced a similar difficulty.
Kumar, a former director general of CRPF, said the state government needed to have better coordination with the Planning Commission and the Ministry of Rural Development for quick development of Maoist-hit areas, which were mostly located in remote parts of the state.
Kumar, who also met Governor S C Jamir, said his job was to oversee how both the development and security actions went hand in hand.
He discussed the prevailing Maoist situation in the state with Director General of Police Prakash Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself