Odisha official shifted over post-poll goof up
Bhubaneswar: An official was transferred from Odisha`s Kendrapada district after protests against him over an alleged post-poll goof up.
State Panchayati Raj Department Secretary DK Singh Wednesday said SK Pati, the block development officer of Marsaghai, has been transferred to Narasinghapur in Cuttack district.
"We have transferred him based on our administrative need," Singh told IANS.
A mob had assaulted and manhandled Pati after they found 28 pairs of Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) kept in a government vehicle parked near his residence April 18, a day after balloting for Assembly and Lok Sabha was held.
The mob had also ransacked his house demanding action against him. The election officials had said the EVMs were unused ones and kept for use if any EVM become dysfunctional.
Although election officials said they did not find find any malafide intention behind it, the government was under criticism from the opposition parties.
Simultaneous elections for 21 Lok Sabha and 147 Assembly seats in the state were held in two phases April 10 and April 17. Polling in Kendrapada district was held April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened