Odisha official shifted over post-poll goof up
Bhubaneswar: An official was transferred from Odisha`s Kendrapada district after protests against him over an alleged post-poll goof up.
State Panchayati Raj Department Secretary DK Singh Wednesday said SK Pati, the block development officer of Marsaghai, has been transferred to Narasinghapur in Cuttack district.
"We have transferred him based on our administrative need," Singh told IANS.
A mob had assaulted and manhandled Pati after they found 28 pairs of Electronic Voting Machines (EVM) kept in a government vehicle parked near his residence April 18, a day after balloting for Assembly and Lok Sabha was held.
The mob had also ransacked his house demanding action against him. The election officials had said the EVMs were unused ones and kept for use if any EVM become dysfunctional.
Although election officials said they did not find find any malafide intention behind it, the government was under criticism from the opposition parties.
Simultaneous elections for 21 Lok Sabha and 147 Assembly seats in the state were held in two phases April 10 and April 17. Polling in Kendrapada district was held April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen