Odisha: One die when Rajdhani hits a van
Bhubaneswar: One person was killed and
another seriously injured on Sunday when New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express hit a van at an unmanned level crossing in
Odisha`s Cuttack district.
The accident occurred this afternoon between Jajpur
Road and Cuttack, an official of East Coast Railway (ECoR)
The train movement in one of the two lines of the busy
Howrah-Chennai route remained affected for about four hours as
Rajdhani Express was stranded, railway sources said.
The victim was the driver of the van, which was
mangled under the impact of the collision.
The injured was admitted to a hospital, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj