Odisha: One more dengue case in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): With one more dengue case detected in Odisha`s Ganjam district, the number of patients suffering from the vector-borne disease rose to four today.
A 42-year-old person from Hinjili, admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here with high fever, tested positive for dengue, official sources said.
Another person in Hinjili and two others in Berhampur town were earlier detected with the disease.
Health officials were waiting for the reports of five other samples, said district malaria officer (DMO), U S Mishra.
The five samples from Gada Gobindapur village have been sent for testing at the microbiology department of the MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, he said.
The DMO said except Boxipalli, no chickungunya case was reported from any other place in the district.
In Boxipalli, five persons have been diagnosed with chickungunya.
Meanwhile, an expert team from Bhubaneswar visited the villages affected by chickungunya and dengue in the district to sensitise the people about the diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read