Odisha orders departmental inquiry into classroom explosion
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday ordered a departmental inquiry into yesterday`s bomb explosion incident at a school in outskirts of Cuttack town in which 20 students were injured.
School and Mass Education secretary Usha Padhee asked the director of Board of Secondary Education (BSE) to submit a detail report on the bomb explosion in Ayatpur high school.
Padhee asked the director to submit a report on the incident within three days.
With Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik expressing anguish over the incident, school and mass education minister Rabi Narayan Nanda rushed to the school and enquired about it.
Besides, a team of officials including Cuttack district education officer and the local Block Development Officer also reached the school today and interacted with the teachers and some students, sources said.
Meanwhile, investigation into the matter by the local police with help of scientific team confirmed the incident as a bomb explosion.
The student, who was carrying the bomb to the class room, meanwhile, admitted that he got the material on the road side. "I thought thought it was firecracker and put it inside my bag. It suddenly exploded as it dropped from my bag," the student said.
However, the police was yet to ascertain whether it was a case of accident or involved criminal intention.
"We are probing into all angles. Nothing can be said right now," said Cuttack DCP Pravin Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat