Odisha orders departmental inquiry into classroom explosion
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Tuesday ordered a departmental inquiry into yesterday`s bomb explosion incident at a school in outskirts of Cuttack town in which 20 students were injured.
School and Mass Education secretary Usha Padhee asked the director of Board of Secondary Education (BSE) to submit a detail report on the bomb explosion in Ayatpur high school.
Padhee asked the director to submit a report on the incident within three days.
With Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik expressing anguish over the incident, school and mass education minister Rabi Narayan Nanda rushed to the school and enquired about it.
Besides, a team of officials including Cuttack district education officer and the local Block Development Officer also reached the school today and interacted with the teachers and some students, sources said.
Meanwhile, investigation into the matter by the local police with help of scientific team confirmed the incident as a bomb explosion.
The student, who was carrying the bomb to the class room, meanwhile, admitted that he got the material on the road side. "I thought thought it was firecracker and put it inside my bag. It suddenly exploded as it dropped from my bag," the student said.
However, the police was yet to ascertain whether it was a case of accident or involved criminal intention.
"We are probing into all angles. Nothing can be said right now," said Cuttack DCP Pravin Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!