Odisha orders probe into question paper theft
Bhubaneswar: A day after the high school
certificate examiniation was deferred due to theft of question
papers from a school; Odisha government on Friday ordered a probe
by crime branch police into the episode as Congress demanded
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s resignation.
"The chief minister has ordered an inquiry by the
crime branch of police into the incident involving theft of
HSC Examination question papers," School and Mass Education
Minister Pratap Jena informed the state assembly.
At the same time, all necessary steps would be taken
to conduct the matriculation examination in a smooth manner
under a fresh schedule, the minister said responding to an
adjournment motion in the House.
Efforts would also be made to declare the results of
the HSC examination by the end of June, when it is generally
done, he said adding in any case the results would be out
latest by the first week of July.
Adequate attention would be given to ensure that
students do not face problem in taking admission in institutes
of their choice for higher education, Jena said.
Initiating the debate, Anup Sai of Congress held the
chief minister responsible for the incident and demanded that
Naveen Patnaik step down from office forthwith owning moral
responsibility for the plight of lakhs of students.
Another Congress legislator Prafulla Majhi also
slammed the state government for the miseries caused to about
five lakh students due to postponement of HSC examinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi