Odisha: Passenger train derails, 5 injured
Bhubaneshwar: Five passengers were
injured on Monday when 10 bogies of an express train travelling from
Durg in Chhattisgarh to Puri in Orissa derailed at
Lakhna, 200km from Bhubaneshwar, railway officials said.
The derailment took place shortly after Durg-Puri
intercity express left Lakhna station in Odisha`s Nuapara
district at around 9pm.
Ten bogies of the train jumped the tracks, injuring five
passengers, East Coast Central Railway`s Chief Public
Relations Officer R N Mahapatra said .
A medical team from Raipur and two relief contingents
from Sambalpur and Kantabanjhi were sent to the accident spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’