Odisha: Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday dropped five ministers and inducted nine in his council ministers.
With this, the number of ministers (including the Chief Minister) in the state has risen to 21.
The five ministers shown the door were Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak, Prafulla Ghadai, Puspendra Singhdeo, Pratap Jena and Prafulla Samal. They resigned minutes ahead of the reshuffle.
Their resignations have been forwarded to the governor for acceptance, an official at the Chief Minister`s office told a news agency.
The dropped ministers were known loyal to Rajya Sabha member Pyari Mohan Mohapatra who allegedly tried to oust Patnaik on May 29 but failed.
Those inducted in the ministry as cabinet ministers were Damodar Rout, Bijayashree Routray and Kalpataru Das.
The new minister of states are Rabi Narayan Nanda, Pratap Kishor Deb, Arun Sahu, Rajanikanta Singh, Subrat Tarai and Sarojini Hembram.
The new ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor MC Bhandare at a simple function at Raj Bhaban.
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule