Odisha: Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday dropped five ministers and inducted nine in his council ministers.
With this, the number of ministers (including the Chief Minister) in the state has risen to 21.
The five ministers shown the door were Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak, Prafulla Ghadai, Puspendra Singhdeo, Pratap Jena and Prafulla Samal. They resigned minutes ahead of the reshuffle.
Their resignations have been forwarded to the governor for acceptance, an official at the Chief Minister`s office told a news agency.
The dropped ministers were known loyal to Rajya Sabha member Pyari Mohan Mohapatra who allegedly tried to oust Patnaik on May 29 but failed.
Those inducted in the ministry as cabinet ministers were Damodar Rout, Bijayashree Routray and Kalpataru Das.
The new minister of states are Rabi Narayan Nanda, Pratap Kishor Deb, Arun Sahu, Rajanikanta Singh, Subrat Tarai and Sarojini Hembram.
The new ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor MC Bhandare at a simple function at Raj Bhaban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins