Odisha: Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday dropped five ministers and inducted nine in his council ministers.
With this, the number of ministers (including the Chief Minister) in the state has risen to 21.
The five ministers shown the door were Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak, Prafulla Ghadai, Puspendra Singhdeo, Pratap Jena and Prafulla Samal. They resigned minutes ahead of the reshuffle.
Their resignations have been forwarded to the governor for acceptance, an official at the Chief Minister`s office told a news agency.
The dropped ministers were known loyal to Rajya Sabha member Pyari Mohan Mohapatra who allegedly tried to oust Patnaik on May 29 but failed.
Those inducted in the ministry as cabinet ministers were Damodar Rout, Bijayashree Routray and Kalpataru Das.
The new minister of states are Rabi Narayan Nanda, Pratap Kishor Deb, Arun Sahu, Rajanikanta Singh, Subrat Tarai and Sarojini Hembram.
The new ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor MC Bhandare at a simple function at Raj Bhaban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Know why some male frogs prefer having sex on land
- Monsoon to push GDP growth to over 8% this fiscal: Panagariya