Odisha plans Metro, signs contract for DPR preparation
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government Saturday signed an agreement for preparation of a detailed project report (DPR) for the metro rail services between Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
The agreement was signed between Secundarabad-based Balaji Railroad System Limited and the state`s Housing and Urban Development department. The agency would prepare the DPR of the mass rapid transit system (MRTS) covering the 30 km distance between Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
The consultant agency would get Rs 2.52 crore for preparation of the DPR within a period of ten months, said Housing and Urban Development Minister Pushpendra Singhdeo, who was present during the signing of the agreement.
The project financing structure involves 50 per cent funding by the centre under Urban Transport Planning scheme and the remaining 50 per cent by Odisha government.
The broad scope of work for the agency is to prepare the DPR covering traffic demand assessment and system selection, including mobility analysis, alignment study, multi-modal land-integration plan, land acquisition details, and transit-oriented development.
The agency would also study the economic analysis of the project which will assist the government in deciding on the its implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game