Odisha plans Metro, signs contract for DPR preparation
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government Saturday signed an agreement for preparation of a detailed project report (DPR) for the metro rail services between Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
The agreement was signed between Secundarabad-based Balaji Railroad System Limited and the state`s Housing and Urban Development department. The agency would prepare the DPR of the mass rapid transit system (MRTS) covering the 30 km distance between Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
The consultant agency would get Rs 2.52 crore for preparation of the DPR within a period of ten months, said Housing and Urban Development Minister Pushpendra Singhdeo, who was present during the signing of the agreement.
The project financing structure involves 50 per cent funding by the centre under Urban Transport Planning scheme and the remaining 50 per cent by Odisha government.
The broad scope of work for the agency is to prepare the DPR covering traffic demand assessment and system selection, including mobility analysis, alignment study, multi-modal land-integration plan, land acquisition details, and transit-oriented development.
The agency would also study the economic analysis of the project which will assist the government in deciding on the its implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics